- Suitable for : Commercial building, low residential apartments, restaurants restaurants
- Advantages : No Machine room, Direct landing system, Automatic rescue device
- Power : 3 phase
- Capacity : 6 - 16 persons (408 - 1088 kg)
- Speed : 1.0, 1.25, 1.50, m/s
MACHINE ROOM LESS ELEVATORS BY LEADING MRL LIFT MANUFACTURER JRONE LIFTS
Machine room less elevators or MRL Elevators work based on a kind of traction or Hydraulic elevators, which require no machine room for the elevator.
Design of MRL lifts:
MRL Elevators have no fixed machine room on the top of the hoistway. The traction hoisting machine is usually installed either the top side or the bottom side of the hoistway. The motor of the MRL Lifts is installed using a permanent magnet. The magnet attached permanently to the motor. It works with Variable Voltage Variable Frequency (VVVF) drive. Instead of a conventional motor, some machines are used with gearless synchronous motors. This design does away with fixed machine room and hence a lot of building space is saved. Most of the traction MRL Elevators is gearless traction based.
Though the hoisting motor is set up on the hoistway side wall, the main controller is set up on the top floor subsequent to the landing doors. The main controller is placed behind a closed cabinet. For repairs or emergency purposes, a key is provided to unlock the main controller. Almost all the elevators have their controller installed on the top floor but few of them have it installed on the bottom most floor. Some of the elevators, like those in Japan, might have the hoisting motor at the bottom of the elevator shaft put, so it is called as "bottom drive MRL" elevator.
MRL elevators use the regular steel cord ropes as the hoisting cables like the regular traction elevators. Most of the MRL elevators are used for low to mid-rise buildings. MRL elevators usually serve up to 20 floors in a mid-rise building. At some rare instances, the traction machine is placed beneath the elevator cab.
- Travel : up to 11 stops
- Car shades : SS matt finish, full length mirror, hand rail, led lighting
- Car Door : Automatic SS / MS designer / Glass door
- Landing Door : Automatic SS / MS designer / Glass Door
- Operating System : Gearless d Traction
Machine room less hydraulic elevators
An advantage with machine room less hydraulic elevators is that they save construction time, space, and cost.
A brief history of MRL elevators:
Mr Pickerings invented the very first MRL elevator, the Pickerings Econolift most probably in the 1950s. It was discontinued around the time of the 1970s. In 1996, Mr Kone launched the first ever MRL elevator system "Kone MonoSpace" together with its signature hoisting machine "EcoDisc." It is in the shape of a huge green round disk. Soon many rival companies started to make their own MRL elevator products due to the high success rate of Kone's MonoSpace elevator.
Toshiba had a strategic alliance with Kone and began marketing their very first MRL products in 1998, which was known as SPACEL, another product was called Order SPACEL, which is based on the Kone MonoSpace elevator system. In the year 1999, Mitsubishi company launched their bottom drive MRL elevator named them as "GPQ", which worked on the theory of hosting motor being located in the elevator pit. These days they make DiamondTrac, NEXIEZ-MRL and Elenessa, only for the United States though, with which the hosting motor position is regulated in the shaft.
Benefits of MRL elevators:
- The MRL lifts Saves building space, as it doesn't need space for a machine room.
- They Save building electricity up to 70%
- They do not use oil and thus eliminate the risk of catching fire.
- They are of slightly lower cost than other types of elevators since the Variable Voltage Variable Frequency (VVVF) drive is applied.
Detriments of MRL elevators:
- There is no fixed code that has been accepted for the installation of MRL elevators as residential elevators.
- They produce loud, high-frequency sound when the elevator is working because of the Variable Voltage Variable Frequency (VVVF) drive.
- The lifetime of MRL elevators is lower compared to other versions of elevators.
- The MRL elevators' Equipment might be comparatively harder to be maintained on a regular basis.
- The MRL elevators' Motor may be damaged in bottom drive MRLs in the event of pit flooding.
- JRONE is a leading MRL Elevator Manufacturer
It is the ultimate energy efficient, effective use of space and natural resources. Green Home Lifts will raise your green compliance a notch higher at minimal expenses. Being a top-notch Home Lift Dealers in Hyderabad, we provide all the comprehensive Home Lift Services in Hyderabad to cater to the needs of across the industry verticals.
Now it’s Your Turn- Talk to a Residential Lift/Elevator Installation Company - Contact !